Getting Rid of Winter Itch
Winter always comes with irritating itches. It mostly happens because of the dryness of our skin. In winter our skin looses moisture & turns dry. Like every other problems it also have its own solution, which are quite easy to follow.
- Try to get into the shower or bath once in a day, not more that that.
- You can apply lubricated lotion or creams many times a day. You can apply it on your hands, elbows etc which are the most affected areas. Study revealed that petroleum based cream/lotion will give you much affective results.
- In your room always remember to reduce the temperature of your thermostat.
- Instead of using deodorant soap try to use something that is mild as well as full of moisturiser.
- Humidifiers are also beneficial in keeping your skin moisturised & try to keep distance from the fire place, because it will make your skin dry.
- Don’t rub your skin with the towel, use the towel to pat your skin & always remember to apply moisturiser after drying your skin.
- Always remember to wear gloves before washing dishes or cloths or other handling of rough materials.
- Rather then using the soap directly on your skin use a clean cloth, which you can soap up. In your bathwater always add some bath oil.