Essentials for home pedicures
Usually we prefer to visit a beauty parlour for pedicure, but you have an excellent option of home pedicures, which is easy as well as you can save some money.
- Pour a few drops of disinfectant into warm water & douse your feet into it. You can use the firm nail brush for toe nail scrubbing.
- Remove your feet from the water & dry it properly, specially the gap between fingers.
- Use the pumice stone to remove the rough dead skin from your heel.
- Arrange for an orange stick & use the cotton wool to enfold it. Now plunge it into the remover (cuticle) & slowly push it back. Unless the borderlines become craggy the cuticle should never be cut.
- Then use any good quality foot cream to massage your feet. Creams which contain menthol can give you some cool sensation.
- Don’t try to remove the hard skin; it can lead to dangerous results.
- For the area around your nails you can use the cuticle cream.
- Use the cotton wool pads to place between the toes. It will help you to protect yourself from smear.
- You can also use the cotton wool to apply the varnish remover or to dry or remove lotion or creams.
- After cutting the nails don’t forget to smooth the edges. Don’t cut the nails too short so that the flesh becomes uncovered.