Smokey Eye Makeup: Steps and Tips
Smokey Eye Makeup
Smokey eyes have always been a craze among the women. It gives most sexier and sultry looks to your eyes if wear properly. With a little effort you can give your eyes great celebs look.
Do not go for more brilliant colors like blue, green for the eye shadows. Instead you can use black, gray, and brown color for giving more vibrant and gorgeous look.
In order to give your eyes more sensuous smokey look, follow the following steps:
- Apply foundation all over your face including the eye lids and underneath your eyes.
- You can also apply a cream concealer on your eye lid as a base to the eye shadow.
- Use your black or gray pencil liner to trace a line to your top lash line starting from the inner corner to the outer corner. Next step, trace bottom lash line from the inner to the outer corner. Make sure that the eye shadow color will fade as it goes farther from the eye lashes. With cotton swab or applicator sponge smudge out any extra lines or clumps left out by the pencil or an eyeliner brush.
- Apply powder shadow with your finger or you can use a shadow brush. Most women find it easier with a finger rather by a shadow brush. Apply it on your eye lid starting at the lash line up to the crease. Always brush it in upward and in outward direction.
- Dust little light colored or a neutral eye shadow just over your brow bone.
- Apply coats of mascara to give it a finishing touch. Allow mascara to dry for seconds before you apply a second coat.
Follow the above steps for a beautiful eye and you are ready for the show. Do not forget some handy and important tips related with this for a whole facial make up.
Choose the eye shadow color according to the color of your skin, hair and eyes. If you have light colored skin, hair and eyes, you can use gray or brown color eye shadow. Black or any dark color will not appear nice on your skin tone. It will be too harsh for you. Women who have dark colored skin, hair or eyes can apply black eyeliner with a dark colored shadow.
Keep your eye lid oil free. This is the best way to avoid your eye shadow melting in to the eye lid crease. Always apply an eye shadow base or a primer to get rid of this problem.
Having a blended color on the bottom lashes is very essential to give a fantastic smokey eye look. For this you would need a light colored eye shadow to blend in with your dark colored eye shadow. Apply a dark colored eye shadow near the eye lashes and blend it with light colored when you go farther from the lashes.
Remember one thing, never put heavy make up on your lips when you have a smokey eye make up on. You should not put heavy make up on both your lips and eyes at the same time. You will look like a clown.
Just make sure that the eyes are the focus of attention. Keep your face and lip make up as little as possible.
- Eye liner
- Eye shadows- 2nos. one light and one dark colored
- Make up brush
- Make up foundation
- Eye shadow primer