How to choose heated rollers
If you want natural looking curls then it’s important to choose the right rollers set
Different roller sets suit different styles and different hair types. The rollers can vary in size, design, materials and how hot they get. Some are better for longer hair while others are better suited for shorter styles.
What style are you looking to achieve?
There are a range of styles you can achieve with heated rollers.
- From waves to curls and ringlets.
- From big, glamorous curls to subtle waves that add volume.
It’s important to have in mind what type of effect you wish to create. Having said that, a lot of this depends on how you use the rollers too. You can get different effects by placing the rollers in your hair at different positions and leaving them in for different lengths of time.
How to use rollers for curls:
- Simply plug in the hot rollers so that they’re completely warmed when you’re prepared to place them in your hair. On the off chance that this is your first time utilizing your arrangement of rollers, read the maker’s directions to ensure you utilize the gear appropriately.
- Spray your hair with gentle hold hairspray.
- Divide your hair into sections: middle, top, left and, right.
- Roll the middle
- Roll the sides
- Remove the rollers.
How to use rollers for waves:
- Heat up the rollers and make sure they’re fully heated.
- Apply mousse to your hair (not hairspray this time)
- Separate into sections of middle, left and right.
- Roll the hair so that it curls up away from your face and around towards the back. Start closest to the front of your hair then move to the next section. Continue until you reach the nape of your neck.
- Roll the sides, working from the top roll the sides so that they curl downwards rather than up. This will give volume in the middle, rather than making your hair flick out at the tips.
That’s a basic introduction to how to use rollers to get different styles and should give you an idea of what to expect. There’s much more information about the best heated rollers sets for different hair styles and types online.